Re: trivial question about SPARQL

editor@content-wire.com wrote:

> Is this the current working doc?
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20041012/

Not wishing to seem snarky, but if you read the words on the first page
of that document, the clue to your answer is buried in there:

[
W3C Working Draft 12 October 2004
This version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20041012/
Latest version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/
]

To avoid suspense: the answer is no, that's a pretty old draft.  If you
follow the link you'll get to the recently finalised recommendation:
[
SPARQL Query Language for RDF
W3C Recommendation 15 January 2008

This version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-rdf-sparql-query-20080115/
Latest version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/
Previous version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/PR-rdf-sparql-query-20071112/
]

> What's the status of: SquishQL, RDQL, and TriQL ? still in use?

Squish became SquishSQL became RDQL became SPARQL. Some toolkits can
parse the older stuff, but people are moving pretty comprehensively to
SPARQL I think. I don't know much about TriQL. There are certainly
non-SPARQL languages in use, as well as various experimental extensions
to SPARQL. That's all good and healthy I think (so long as mainstream
developers are left in no confusion about which language features are in
the common core standard).

cheers,

Dan