greetings from DataPortability-Public (was) Re: missing the web standards? RDF, OWL, FOAF, DC?]

Hi Semantic-Web people,
(Ivan, I address you directly to inform you about the dataportability
effort, no reaction from you is needed)

I stumbled (as part of the scoble "storm in a glass") accross the
dataportability initiative.
they live here:
http://dataportability.org/

the goal is something many of you people may share (= keeping the data
and architecture of the web 2.0 in a way that the users can GET their data)
its a smaller group of people, but getting some attention.
some RDFers already dropped in, including Henry Story and me. SIOC was
also mentioned, see yourself:
http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public

I cannot judge the relevancy of this group in terms of standardization,
but they try to play a role by suggesting a good standard by picking the
raisins from existing standards and showing some reference impl (thats
how I understood it).
If some W3C lovers want to guide them in the "W3C" direction, feel free
to join there. I am bound to project work and science business at the
moment, cannot spare much of my time,

The group is relevant in terms of round corners, cool videos, nice
logos, they have a great graphic layout (something us techies often fail
miserably)

if you smell the bait and want more - read on!
they need help to understand what FOAF, SIOC etc are about, see here:
http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public/browse_thread/thread/6307f52acd954674/49e1a2e6f7c50a56?lnk=gst&q=sioc#49e1a2e6f7c50a56

-------- Original-Nachricht --------