Re: Thing and Class

Hi again Josh

Thanks for your input.

I will take on those two books as a homework assignment.

But, with respect to formal semantics, I already know
enough to be dangerous.
RDF/OWL starts by divorcing itself from reality --
using "meaningless" formal symbols.
Then RDF/OWL formal semantics uses "interpretations",
which map the "meaningless" symbols of RDF/OWL
back to the "meaningful" English words of reality.

I, with my language mKR, take the opposite approach.
mKR starts with "meaningful" symbols -- English words and phrases.
mKR doesn't need any formal semantics "interpretations",
because mKR is already connected to reality.

RDF/OWL has divorced syntax and semantics.
mKR has integrated syntax and semantics into "symantax".

To sum up, I would say I understand the syntax+semantics
used in the Semantic Web, and I don't like it very much.
And I am trying to make sure that reality is not
irretrievably lost in the syntactic stage of processing.

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/