Re: Modular Browsers (was RE: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data)

On 21 aug 2008, at 02:31, Aldo Bucchi wrote:

> HI,
>
> Scanning the thread on Parallax I see some terms reoccurring:
>
> Outgoing Connections.
> Lenses.
> Lists.
> Facets.
> Free text search.
> IFP to IRI resolution.
> Find documents that contain IRIs
> etc...
>
> They are all implemented in different ways but tend to share semantics
> across different browsers and services.
> How far are we from defining a modular framework so we can mix and
> math these as atomic interaction pieces?

Within the MultimediaN E-Culture project I have been working on
interface widgets for a while now.
Several of the components, facet navigation, result views and
autocompletion that were part of /facet are now becoming modular
widgets that handle their own interaction and fetch data through an API.

Currently I am still developing for the API's that we provide within
our own server side software, ClioPatria [1].
I would love to make variants were we use SPARQL instead.
Any suggestions for a SPARQL endpoint that supports JSON?

Michiel

p.s. this thread makes me wake up an hour earlier and go to bed an
hour later