Re: freebase parallax: user interface for browsing graphs of data

Hi Georgi,

I'm glad you like it! And I'm glad you said what you didn't like about
it :-) Indeed, initially, the facets and the connections were not
separated. Then, from user feedback, I split them apart, making those
two conceptually different features independent and visually separate.
So if I had it my way, they would be together; but by listening to other
people, they are now separate. Who knows, by listening to even more
people, I might put them back together again. :-)

Which is to say that I'm really not committed to any particular UI
design. And it's not accurate to say that I don't believe in the
usability of bidirectional filtering. I do recognize the desire for
that, but I just didn't think I had the right UI design for it at the
time, and even now. So I chose not to support bidirectional filtering in
Parallax, at least until I figure out a UI solution that I'm comfortable
with. But you might as well beat me to it :-) And that's great, too! The
more experimentation, the better! Looking forward to see what you come
up with!

Cheers!

David