Re: Why do you want to do that?

At 9:53 AM -0700 8/11/08, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
>Let me clarify several things.
>
>1. mKR can handle an X which is both an Individual & a Class
>in the same context.
>
>2. Since I consider (1) to be wrong, epistemologically,

You have said this repeatedly, but you have never given any reason
for it or tried to persuade anyone else of it. Since there have been
several examples already suggested which seem to contradict it quite
clearly, I would be far more interested in hearing arguments, than
simply a repetition of your opinion. This is actually an ontological
issue rather than an epistemological one, so epistemology is somewhat
irrelevant.

By the way, you have still not explained what you mean by
'individual'. You restricted yourself to physical individuals, which
is clearly far too restrictive and in any case begs the question at
issue. Do you have a more general account of what you mean?

Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes      phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us
http://www.flickr.com/pathayes/collections