Re: design decision regarding integer predicates

In case no one understood my question (hence no replied), let me
rephrase it.

In most instances I think of the integer 5 as being a cardinal number.
If I use the integer 5 as a predicate to an array resource to indicate
the fifth element, I'm using the integer 5, not as a cardinal number,
but as an ordinal number. Is this a semantic discrepancy I should be
worried about?

Garret