Re: Triples storage

Follow ups to SWIG please.

On 26 Sep 2007, at 10:13, Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Has any consensus been reached on the architecture for efficient
> storage
> and retrieval of an ontology's triples?

I don't think there will be consensus for a very long time. There's a
lot of issues and trade offs.

However, you might find this paper worth your while:
	http://139.91.183.30:9090/RDF/publications/RBenchFinal.pdf

> I've read an interesting paper about a triple store based on hashed
> tables
> that intuitively sounded more efficient than a straightforward
> one-table approach.

One thing to remember, as well, as that there are join algorithms
tuned for lots of self joins. They just aren't commonly implemented
(e.g., stripe-join).

Cheers,
Bijan.