Re: Semantic Technology and Blogs

This sounds like an excellent idea, but is there any way to avoid the
repetition of the

 xmlns:blognet="http://hypothetical.org/blognet/2007/10/type#"

in every <a ..> tag in the document?  Is there anything equivalent to a style
sheet for namespace prefixes?

--G

> ><a xmlns:blognet="http://hypothetical.org/blognet/2007/10/type#"
> >    rel="blognet:agree blognet:commenton"
> >    href="http://yourblog.com/someentry.html">

> >   On Sunday 23 September 2007 18:43, Adam Sobieski wrote:
>
> >Adam,
> >
> > > Some ideas occurred to me for an in-demand project that can help get SW
> > > tech more towards end users.  It has to do with link varieties and
> >blogs.
> >
> >[...]
> >
> > > With the document resembling:
> > >
> > > a href=”http://yourblog.com/someentry.html”
> > > blognet:type=”http://hypothetical.org/blognet/2007/10/type#agree”
> >

> >You should into RDFa, where the markup would be:
> >
> ><a xmlns:blognet="http://hypothetical.org/blognet/2007/10/type#"
> >    rel="blognet:agree blognet:commenton"
> >    href="http://yourblog.com/someentry.html">
> ></a>
> >
> >The latest version of the RDFa Primer is at:
> >
> >http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20070918/
> >
> >And we're about to start soliciting comments. I guess we just started :)
> >

> Ben,
>
> Yes, exactly!
>
> I see a lot of success and usage of RDFa in blogs and social networking
> sites where GUI's are in place to generate content.  I imagine end users
> clicking on a add link button and a popup UI appearing where they can
> interact to generate the RDFa.  I think many new resources are going to
> appear as a result, related to distributed content visualization, navigation
> and discovery.  Also with blogs and social networking sites, end users can
> see the results of using RDFa (or from their perspective using the add link
> popup) via those resources.
>
> - Adam

> Its the Windows Live Hotmail you love  on your phone!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobilehotmail/default.mspx?WT.mc_ID=MobileHMTagline2

Golda Velez 520-440-1420  http://goldavelez.com
what I do:  Tucson Superblog http://btucson.com
  Search software  http://webglimpse.net
  Web hosting  http://iwhome.com

"Help organize the world - index your own corner of the web!"