Re: rdf standards?

Hi Karl,

thanks for the additions to the list. Some commentaries below...

Karl Dubost wrote:
>>  - temporary storage / configuration:
>>     - Firefox
>>     - Thunderbird
>>     - OpenOffice
>>     - more?
>
>     Oracle
>         http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/

Oracle is not "using" but providing RDF storage. We're testing it
already with our data but it's too early to reach any conclusion.

>>  - main data format:
>>     - which?
>     XMP (RDF subset) including EXIF, IPTC and other vocabularies inside
> photos.
>     Dublin Core
>     RDFa  (expressing RDF in XHTML pages)
>     FOAF
>     SIOC http://www.w3.org/Submission/sioc-related/
>     SKOS http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/

Those are ontologies and not applications using RDF to reasoning and
inferring about current data to create new knowledge.

>>  - social networks:
>>     - which? I would say all of them should... ;)
>
>   * Flickr (import photos data which contains XMP such as keywords
> (tags) description, title.)

I got Flickr too, and Facebook and Orkut as well. Facebook have a plugin
to integrate with Flickr's RDF and vice-versa, quite cool.

>   * MusicBrainz
>     http://musicbrainz.org/MM/
>   * Joost
>     http://www.leosimons.com/2006/rdf-at-the-venice-project.html