Re: RDF/JSON

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:15:41 +0100, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net> wrote:

> Keith,
>
>> The structure of an RDF/JSON document looks like this...
>
> I like this idea.

Cheers Ben :)

> In fact, I have an ad-hoc implementation of something
> much like it in a development project,

That's good, it probably suggests  the structure is pretty sensible.
Benjamin Nowack also commented that he had been thinking of something very
similar.

> though not as complete in terms
> of datatype and lang support. I would suggest taking a look at
> potentially nesting the data structures, especially for bnodes which you
> don't really want to have to name. (We went through this same evolution
> with RDFa.)

Initially I tried using a nested structure, but I reverted to a flat
structure, as it is more consistent, and you always know where to find a
resource (on the top level). Consistency is very important here so that
the data structure can be easily used straight away.

I can see there might be an argument for making an exception with bnodes,
and this would be somewhat similar as SPARQL's  behaviour with DESCRIBE,
of including related bnode resources in a resource's description. (Though
personally, I think I probably prefer the uniformity of treating bnodes
the same as URIs). Can you think of any use-cases where nested bnodes
would be preferable?

Yours

Keith