Re: [Linking-open-data] Linked Data available

OK.
Good question.
Many thanks for the interest.

Since http://budapest.rkbexplorer.com/ is simply a web page, there is no
need to provide an RDF version.
It would be nice to do so to give some metadata of the repository, and I
expect we will do that in due course.
So you are right, we should give a different code for
"Accept: application/rdf+xml", although exactly which I discuss below.

However, that does not really solve what you are asking.
I think that somehow you expected the page to give an entrance, so an agent
can start to explore it. As I said to Tim, we have declined to give that (at
least for the moment), mainly because I am not sure what it would be.
In some sense it is like trying to build a site map for a conventional site,
or the entrance to dbpedia. Dbpedia gives some interesting queries (which I
acknowledge we should provide), but is there an equivalent page we should be
copying?
Trying to provide an entrance would be easy if there was an index, but there
isn't - these things are just knowledge bases. I see that
http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/all attempts something of the sort.
On the contrary to you needing to eyeball, I have no expectation at all of
people just browsing. If you (I assume your agent) wants to get at the RDF,
then you resolve a URI, execute a SPARQL query, or find a URI on a search
engine, such as Sindice (which I hope will get round to us soon).
I would hope that people will decide to do things like adding URIs of
themselves to their FOAF files. (We intend to keep the URIs persistent, of
course.)
I think this is raising interesting questions about the SW.
I was tempted to just provide the URIs and SPARQL, but thought it might be
helpful to put a page at the domain root.
(If you do actually want to eyeball the data, then there is a paragraph
about RKB Explorer on the main page.)

So, sorry, I understand the possible frustration for people coming to find
out what is there, but it may be a while before we solve the problem.

So given that we don't provide an RDF page at
http://budapest.rkbexplorer.com/ , what should we do?
I think your suggestion of 406 may be right, but I would defer to others on
which of the many possible responses is correct.
In fact what it does is just the default for the web server, as we did not
think about this question very hard.

As input, I went around some other pages to find out what they do:
curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://openlinksw.com/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://www.google.com/
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Location: http://www.google.co.uk/

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://www.google.co.uk/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/all/
HTTP/1.1 404 Sorry_class_map__not_found

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/all/Publications
HTTP/1.1 500
Unknown_column_enc_editor_in_where_clause_SELECT_dblp_pub_newdblp_key_FROM_d
blp_pub_new_WHERE_enc_editor__0_LIMIT_10000_E0

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://dbpedia.com/
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Location: http://redir-error.gandi.net/

curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://redir-error.gandi.net/