Re: owl:sameAs use/misuse/abuse Re: homonym URIs

Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2007, at 16:09, John Black wrote:
>> Is it a part of the web / semweb architecture that:
>>
>> for all URI it is   owl:sameAs    the graph of the RDF/OWL  downloaded
>> via HTTP using that URI
>>
>> provided the HTTP path includes a 303 redirect
>
> No. An RDF graph is an information resource; 303 URIs are usually  meant
> to denote non-information resources. It's good practice though  that the
> provided RDF graph contains statements that help us to  figure out what
> the URI denotes.
>
>> and
>>
>> for all URI it is   owl:sameAs    the bits downloaded via HTTP  using
>> that URI
>>
>> provided an HTTP get returns 200 ok?
>
> No. A 200 URI doesn't denote the bits coming back; the bits are a
> *representation* of the denoted information resource. One information
> resource can have many representations in different languages and
> formats.

Ok. Let me try again:

Let denotatioOf(X) == the thing denoted by X

Is it a part of the web / semweb architecture that:

for all URI: denotationOf(URI)   owl:sameAs   denotationOf(graph of the
RDF/OWL downloaded via
HTTP using that URI)

provided the HTTP path includes a 303 redirect

and

for all URI: denotationOf(URI)   owl:sameAs   denotationOf(bits downloaded
via HTTP using that
URI)

provided the HTTP GET returns 200 ok?

John