Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Pat Hayes wrote:
>> Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>>
>>> For example, W3C owns http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i  and
>>> has delegated to me the right to say what that URI stands for.
>>
>> OK. So, what DOES that URI stand for? How will you tell someone  what the
>> referent is that you intend it to denote, so that they  know what to use
>> it for? Now of course, you and I being smart human  native English
>> speakers who are reasonably tech-savvy can look at  this and figure out
>> that it is probably meant to refer to you. But  really, that does depend
>> on us being this smart and savvy.
>
> Well,  I put it in the Tabulator and I get out (among other stuff):
>
>  Tim Berners-Lee
> Assistant Amy van der Hiel
> HomePage http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/
> Work Address City Cambridge
> Country USA
> PostalCode 02139
> Street 32 Vassar Street
> Street2 MIT CSAIL Room 32-G524
> Phone tel:+1-617-253-5702
> Latitude 42.361860
> Longitude -71.091840
> Organization expandfetchWorld Wide Web Consortium

When you de-reference that URI you get a lot of RDF:

    <con:Male rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i">
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person"/>
        <s:label>Tim Berners-Lee</s:label>
        <con:assistant
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#amy"/>
        <con:homePage rdf:resource="./"/>
        <con:office rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <con:address rdf:parseType="Resource">
                <con:city>Cambridge</con:city>
                <con:country>USA</con:country>

If the RDF you get back gives the denotation of the URI, shouldn't you be
able to substitute the retrieved RDF anywhere the URI is used in statements?
Does this work? If not, why not?

John