Re: homonym URIs (Re: What if an URI also is a URL)

>John Black wrote:
>>There it is again. Am I missing something? One minute you are
>>talking about London and the next minute you are talking about the
>>concept of London. But aren't the two distinct? Everyone seems to
>>do it (at least I used to, I'm trying to stop). But once more,
>>surely the two have different referents:
>>"I live in the city of London" - possible but false
>>"I live in the concept of London" - huh?
>

>The concept of you living in the city of London is possible but false...

That's a proposition, not a concept.

John is right. I confess to using 'concept' loosely. I will try to
avoid the word in future, as it seems to add no useful content. All
we need for the examples are a URI, a city, people and mailboxes. To
hell with concepts.

Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell