Re: Standard RDF Vocabularies for currencies or weights & measures?

Alan,

Unfortunately, the W3C and ISO don't seem to support each other enough for
that to have happened. I contribute to a few ISO standards in the engineering
domain where these items are needed, and we thought would have already been
defined. Instead, we, like you, are inventing our own until ISO and/or W3C
catch up. Some work is happening on this in the OASIS PLCS TC for product
data but it's really a taxonomy to extend an information model, not a proper
ontology.

FWIW, there's almost agreement between ISO with IETF for how to assign URNs to
ISO standards. We're working to get that applicable for elements defined
within those standards too. See

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goodwin-iso-urn-01.txt

Some early work is around from the NASA Sweet ontology

http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/ontology/

and the NIST Units ML activity may be of some use (it'san  XML Schema though)

http://unitsml.nist.gov/

If you come up with a great solution, PLEASE share it!
Cheers,
David