Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Stelios,

On 7 Jun 2007, at 17:40, Stelios G. Sfakianakis wrote:

> On 7/6/2007 5:54 μμ, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>> The answer is simple: If an HTTP GET on http://www.example.com/mophor
>> returns a 200 status code and some HTML, then mophor#me is the
>> section
>> of the HTML page marked by the #me anchor.
>>
>> If the GET returns a 200 status code and some RDF, then mophor#me is
>> whatever the RDF states about it. So if there is a triple in the RDF
>> saying it is a person, then mophor#me is a person.
>
> What if the GET returns an HTML document with a #me anchor and a GRDDL
> transformation that when applied the result RDF graph states that
> #me is
> a person?
>
> Is the answer "Don't do that" as you say in the following paragraph?

A good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is.

The paper trail starting at the URI spec never reaches GRDDL because
it is not referenced in any of the relevant specs. So the correct
interpretation according to the RFCs and the HTML spec is still that
#me is a section of the document. Stating that #me is a person in the
RDF creates an inconsistency. Clients following different approaches
to establish an interpretation of the URI may end up with different
interpretations, which is not in your best interest as a data
publisher and namespace manager. So I would advice against this.

I think the impact is low if different fragments are used for the
anchor and the person.

Richard