Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

John, Pat, Tim, and who concerned,

The Real Semantic Web might (or will) have a different framework from your
expectations: instead of Unifying Logic, it will be a Unifying Ontology (a
single comprehensive model of reality) integrating as its parts the Web
general vocabularies and ontologies: RDF, RDFS, RULE RIF, OWL, SPARQL, Proof
and Trust boxes.

To be short, below a selection from the upcoming book: ''Reality, Universal
Ontology and Knowledge Systems: Towards the Intelligent World'':
''The Real Web is characterized by the web hierarchical structure anchored
in the real world environment via the ontological groundwork:

<Global Intelligent Cyberspace, or Real Semantic Web> :: = <Ontological
Framework, WDF, or RMF> <Semiotics> <the World Wide Web, or the Syntactic

<Ontological Framework> :: = <Unified Framework Ontology, WDF, or RMF>
<Upper Level

Ontologies> <Domain Ontologies>

<Semiotics> :: = <Pragmatics> <Semantics> <Syntax>

<Pragmatics> :: = <Users> <Web Agents> <Intentions> <Actions>
<Communication> < Proof> <Trust> <Truth>

<Semantics> :: = <Signs, Data Type, Natural Language Expressions> <
Constructs> <Meanings>

<Syntax> :: = <Logical Framework> <Rules> <OWL Ontology> <RDF Schema> <RDF
M&S>

< RDF> <XML/SGML> <Namespaces>

<the Web>  ::= <Resources, Representation, Identification, URI, Unicode>
<Interaction, Software Agents, Hypertext links, Protocols, HTTP> <Formats,
HTML, XHTML>

The central idea of the Real Web is rather simple: without a common standard
ontology as a common code of meanings and rules, there is no base and
foundation for the whole enterprise of ontological semantic technology,
powerful programming tools and applications employing semantic web
technologies. To be consistent, its creators should fully appreciate the
hard truth that the semantic web with its technologies and tools postulate a
complete foundational ontology of anything, known as a single universal,
global, or master ontology'.''
The real truth is usually very simple.

Azamat Abdoullaev
EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent System Ltd
Paphos, CYPRUS
Moscow, RUSSIA
http://www.eis.com.cy
PS: For a good reason can't actively participate in any discussion for next
2/3 weeks.