Re: [Linking-open-data] How to name what you get back? was: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi Frank, Pat and Bernard,
>
> thanks a lot for all your ideas and comments.
>
> So what we are having on the table right now is a definition:
>
> "The term XXX refers to the description of a non-information resource
> that a client obtains by dereferencing a specific URI that identifies
> this non-information resource."

Stand back and read this sentence to yourself three times.

> and various proposals for the term:
>
> Pat Hayes:
> - represented description
> - redirected description
> - redescription
> - transmit
> - infon
>
> Frank Manola
> - associated representation
>
> Bernard Vatant:
> - description

Can't we just kill the term "non-information resource" once and for all?
  All it does is obfuscate understanding and resolution.

Mercy be upon us when we try to actually communicate with the public
outside these forums.

Mike