Re: vcard, etc.

Garret Wilson wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> (I hope you don't mind me moving this to the semantic-web list.)
>
> Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>> I've not worked with them, but my understanding was if you define the
>> domain of some property as some class, and the rdf:type is not
>> present, it gets added.

It is worth stating things precisely...

*If* the RDF environment being used implements RDFS Entailement[1], in
other words if it extends the knowledge base with additional triples
that are described by [2] then yes, Bruce is right, the extra rdf:type
triple is added to the the knowledge base.

However, this is not necessarily the case by default. If you just upload
your triples into, say, Jena, RDFLib, Redland, or other such animal,
then this will not happen. You may have to make an explicit request or
use some other tools to have it done...

I hope this helps

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#rdfs_entailment