Re: category theory

I personally do not know of any work in that area (which does not
necessarily mean there aren't any).

However... what type of results/research would you expect to see out of
that? I could very vaguely see some possibilities in looking at
structural equivalence and analysis of RDF graphs, but I am not sure
that would reveal anything significant  (I may be wrong!). I am also not
sure that, say, the concept of injection or surjection would give
anything new with respect to what OWL can already describe in terms of
functional and inverse functional properties...

I am interested to hear/see which way you want to go with that.

Ivan