From: semantic-web-request@w3.org [mailto:semantic-web-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Matt Williams
Sent: 19 February 2007 21:38
To: Semantic Web
Subject: Ontological Reasoning as Rules

Dear All,

I'm trying to reduce an ontology to a set of rules, i order to compare
it with other approaches.

I know that there are problems with this and OWL-DL reasoning. However,
I am only concerned with reasoning over ground instances. In this case,
I would have thought that many of the difficulties would disappear.

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU