Re: Ontological Reasoning as Rules

I'm not fluent in DL theory, so I can't offer any practical help there.

But I can offer you a sophisticated system to experiment with,
which might help develop your insight.
my Knowledge Explorer (mKE) helps you create, update and
search hierarchies of classes and instances.
mKE has built-in algorithms to
    walk the hierarchy, executing a procedure at each class/instance
    simplify lattice
    classify unknown based on properties
    integrate instances and/or species into a new class
        based on properties
    differentiate a class into new subclasses based on properties
    count visits to instances & classes
    count number of instance & classes
    determine least upper bound of classes
    determine "distance" between instances/classes
plus more that I don't remember off the top of my head.

The corresponding rules won't be obvious unless you're
fluent in the Unicon language, but I can work up the rules
for you.

BTW, mKE can also execute rules.

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;