Re: Semantic Web

From: Adam <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 02:05:41 -0500
To: "Stian Soiland" <ssoiland@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: <semantic-web@w3.org>

Note on list: I'll find the sources on that text, I merged it together from
a couple of web sites a bit ago.  I'm hoping to address some of the problems
with Wikipedia using structured knowledge including that every topic has one
page.  I think with structured knowledge we can allow multiple connections
and descriptions and theories beyond this one topic to one page and one
descriptive paragraph to each connection and tie in conversation regarding
each.  That's what's appealing about structured knowledge data versus
documents.  It would, in theory, take a lot more storage space but allow a
more robust encyclopedic articulation.

Cheers,
Adam Sobieski