Re: An RDF Reification Syntax Idea

On 3 Feb 2007, at 19:42, Adam wrote:

> In looking over some RDF triple store libraries, I noticed some
> take a metadata-optional approach.  This notation may also take
> that approach.  A pure graph representation (three columns) could
> possibly discard the additional information in such a information-
> bearing URI and view the element as a node.  However, there may be
> possiblities for metadata (potentially requiring a primary key)
> beyond sourcing a triple to an author, and other conceivably
> discardable statements in graph merging.  So, this idea appears to
> fall into the metadata might be useful category.

Although a bit verbose, can't you use something like in N3:

{ fish:book dc:title "Moby Dick" } a n3:falsehood .

.. and limit yourself to using triple in the {}? Of course this
wouldn't capture where you actually got that tuple from, and wouldn't
give you a nice URI scheme, but at least we would know which triple
we are talking about.

--
Stian Soiland, myGrid team
School of Computer Science