Re: What is a semantic web application

Hello,
Thanks a lot. I have had great inputs, but I think I should add the replay
 from Ivan Herman here too.
so here it is:

SW is to achieve integration of data on the Web. The various SW
technologies are tools to achieve that. A SW application is the one
which, well, does that....

Ehsan Sadeghi wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trying to understand the difference betweeb normal web
> applications and semantic web applications. I have tried different
> places and books but I have become more confused.
>  If a system uses RDF or an agent system or an ontology does that make
> it a semantic web application? or a semantic web application is an
> application that creates a network of logically connected data/resource
> with any means? lets say with a database.

Depends... in general, SW application means connected data resources,
but using the SW tools (ie, at the moment, RDF & co)

Ivan
>  with regards,
> Ehsan Sadeghi

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/