Re: annotea status?

Hello Alan, Bruce,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:53:46PM -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Curious: What would you like to see updated about it?
<snip>

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:48:34PM -0400, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
<snip>
> What kind of changes would you like to see? The use case we're thinking
> of here is pretty much the same as your's (though perhaps a little broader).
<snip>

    Purely from the RDF model perspective, couple of things:

    1. Annotation versions

        We have solved it by adding Dublin Core "replaces" and "isReplacedBy"
        predicates to the Annotation class. There are other ways of solving
        this, but we thought it was the simplest.

    2. Single annotation over multiple documents with multiple contexts.

        We have not done anything about this right now. Increasing the
        cardinality of 'annotates' and 'context' does not provide a mechanism
        to determine which 'context' is associated with which 'annotates'.

        Another case here is of having a single annotation over multiple
        'context' over the same document. This is solvable potentially by
        increasing the cardinality for 'context'.

     I had sent an email to the www-annotation list (last year sometime) asking
     if anyone else had solved the above two or had ideas. The one response I
     got half-jokingly recommended I use 'wiki'...:) (actually I see the merit
     of the idea).

     regards

Amit