Re: Individuals with more than one rdf:type

Frank Manola wrote:

> Jon--
>
> I didn't say this wasn't "valid" (although technically I don't think
> "valid" is the right concept here, since we're talking about
> statements rather than an argument), and I did say it was legal RDF
> (i.e., grammatically).  However, I still think that an instance being
> both a Book and a MotorVehicle appears "weird" ("strikingly
> odd"--Webster's New World Dictionary).  That this idea is "strikingly
> odd" was one of the reasons for choosing it as an example in the first
> place!
If I write the contents of a book (e.g. the Zen and the art of
motorcycle maintenance) on a motor vehicle it will be a motor vehicle
and a book and in addition also some kind of art. So I see no problems
in doing this :-).

Annotea actually uses this for annotations. We have type Annotation and
some sample annotation subtypes e.g. Advise, Change, Comment, Example,
Explanation, Question, SeeAlso. And the user can define more subtypes.
Each annotation object is of type Annotation and of some annotation subtype.

The bookmark objects on the other hand are tied to categories with topic
objects (tags) with hasTopic property.

Marja