Re: Individuals with more than one rdf:type

There are some other examples of this in the Primer as well.  The
discussion of Example 13 in Section 3.2 of the Primer notes: "Since a
resource may be described as an instance of more than one class, a
resource may have more than one rdf:type property.".  Example 16 in
Section 4.1 describes a resource with two rdf:types, Bag and Alt.  Also,
in the discussion of classes (Section 5.1), the meaning of the subclass
relationship is defined in terms of the ability to infer additional
class memberships (additional rdf:type properties).  That is, given

ex:Van   rdfs:subClassOf   ex:MotorVehicle .

if resource exthings:companyVan is an instance of ex:Van then, based on
the declared rdfs:subClassOf relationship, RDFS-aware software can infer
the additional information that exthings:companyVan is also an instance
of ex:MotorVehicle (i.e., the instance has two rdf:type properties, one
for Van and one for MotorVehicle).

These probably aren't as explicit as you might have preferred, but
rdf:type is just another property (even though it's predefined in RDF)
and, at least in RDF, there's no way to constrain an instance from
having multiple properties of *any* kind, or from having what appear on
the surface to be "inconsistent" values of those properties.  For
example, Section 5.2 has an example of declaring domains which results
in you having to conclude that an instance is both a Book and a
MotorVehicle.  This may appear weird, but it's perfectly legal RDF.