Re: Playing with sets in OWL...

Kashyap, Vipul wrote:

>>I am understanding that this may be formalized in OWL by:
>>
>>- declaring Set1 as owl:subClassOf Gene
>>- using oneOf to declare the membership of g1,2,3
>>(or simpler: (g1 type Set1), (g2 type Set1), etc. )
>>- using hasValue with expressed and exp0
>

> [VK] Actually, I missed this in my first reply. Which of the assumptions are
> true:
>
> 1. You are modeling a gene g1 as an instance of the "Gene class"
> 2. You are modeling a gene g1 as a subclass of the "Gene class"

Hi Vipul,

thanks for the reply. Maybe I've made some mistake, but with g1, g2,
etc. I mean instances of Gene, i.e.: Gene is the class of genes, g1,2,3
belong to the set of all genes (and they're members of Set1 too).

If you instead refer to the difference between:

- g1, intended as all the DNA fragments that have the sequence
identified by the name g1
- the particular population whose members are all instances of g1 (all
have the same sequence)

I am considering the first case and considering "g1" as an individual,
since I don't need further levels of details.

Marco Brandizi <brandizi@ebi.ac.uk>
http://gca.btbs.unimib.it/brandizi