Re: Difference between Agents and (Semantic) Web Services

If you accept the WC3 definition that users of the web may be either human
or software agents ... then "web services are a type of software agent".

At the same time, given that we (at checkmi) and perhaps others, are
building semantic agents that are fuly compliant with popular  WS standards,
it would be accurate to say that "semantic software agents may be classified
as a type of semantic web service". As ever, it is merely a matter of
semantics :-}

enjoy

carl

--
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC