Re: Geonames enters the Semantic Web

Bernard vatant wrote:

> Hi Richard
>> You have to either do "the hash thing" or "the 303 thing" (see [1]),
>> combining both like this won't work because you'd have to set up a
>> document http://ws.geonames.org/rdf which contains the descriptions of
>> *all* your concepts.
> Thank you. I thought I had understood it all at last, but now I'm
> completely lost again. :-D
> You mean if we do the hash thing, we don't need redirection? So what is
> supposed to happen then with
> "http://ws.geonames.org/rdf#geonameId=3014258 " in a http GET ?

The web server would only see http://ws.geonames.org/rdf
so you'd need something *before* the # if you want the server to be able
to discriminate and send different RDF for different parts of the dataset.

> I'm lost for the moment, sorry. I guess I have to go and re-read all
> this prose I've tried desperately to make sense of ...

Are the recipies in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20060314/ helpful here?

>> I think this is all you'd have to do to get the TAG stamp of approval.
> <rant>
> Please folks, if you want to have people jump happily in the SW train,
> stop saying in specifications and recommendations : you can do this way,
> or that way, or otherwise, "it does not matter".

Put ID numbers on the left side of #, and append #it, to avoid messing
around with HTTP redirects.

cheers,

Dan