Re: rdf:Property used as rdf:object in a triple

On Nov 4, 2006, at 6:25 AM, Hans Teijgeler wrote:

> Folks,
>
> rdf:Property is a subClassOf rdfs:Resource, so syntactically a
> property could be the rdf:object of a triple.
>
> My question is, whether or not there is something against doing
> that from a semantics/reasoning point of view.
>
> Can anybody shed some light on this?

There's certainly no rule against it.  Reification requires it.  So
does rdfs:subPropertyOf.

As for semantics... you can get away with a lot in RDF.  But if you
want to keep things as valid OWL-Lite or OWL-DL then you have to be
more careful, as properties are treated a little differently to other
resources.  Properties only start getting back the "privileges" of
other types of resources (like classes) when you get up to OWL-Full.

Paul