Re: Generating rdfs:seeAlso links for Tabulator with SPARQL CONSTRUCT

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 18:33 +0200, Chris Bizer wrote:
[...]
> > The cool factor is probably in the URI rewriting.
> > But then again, maybe that is not a good idea? I wonder if  putting
> > instead in your foaf file a triple that says yourpage#cris sameAs
> > bigtimedb/id12345 would be more useful.. e.g.  if the tabulator found
> > other graphs where you are mentioned as the OTHER URI then such triple
> > would do the mapping , the query wouldn't.
>
> You are right, but this should be done in addition to setting the link not
> as an alternative.
> If we want the Semantic Web to succeed, we need easily navigate-able links
> NOW, instead of waiting for some hyper-intelligent discovery and mapping
> algorithms that might be invented sometime in the future.

"hyper-intelligent"? handling owl:sameAs in this case is simpler
than SPARQL, no?

I think the tabulator already does it. I'm not sure.

In fact, the SPARQL queries are a sort of
substitution-of-equals-for-equals corrolary to the owl:sameAs
statement.

I suppose it's fine to play around with both alternatives for a while,
though the SPARQL CONSTRUCT approach feels like overkill, to me.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E