Re: RDFSync 0.1

Danny Ayers wrote:
> That reminds me, after seeing your DBin demo I planned to re-read the
> docs on Minimum Self-Contained Graphs [2],  RDF Molecules [3] and
> Concise Bounded Resource Descriptions [4], still not had chance. I'm
> still confused over the similarities/differences and circumstances for
> which each would be better. Has anyone by any chance done a short
> compare and contast?

Let me try a short one:

CBD
- expands a resource to a graph by following all properties and
expanding their values recursively iff they are anonymous.
- Bug: considering properties more important than their inverse
properties, unsuitable with OWL reasoners. Different B-Nodes may result
in equivalent CBD, unless tere is no such thing as the CBD of b-node.

MSG
- like CBD but consider properties in both directions, fixing the bugs
of CBD
- Disadvantage: potentially big graphs, (all my anonymous friends are
part of the same MSG)

RDF-Molecules:
- like MSG but also stops recursion at nodes grounded with functional
and/or inverse functional properties.
- Classification of different types of molecules
- Disadvantages:
1. the price of having the smallest lossless decomposition of a graph:
it is more complex
2. the concept has to be extended (as in rdf-utils) to predictably
decompose a graph into the same set of components

reto