From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider [HYPERLINK
"mailto:pfps@research.bell-labs.com"mailto:pfps@research.bell-labs.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 21:41
To: hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl
Cc: bdn_01@hotmail.com; semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: OWL Web Ontology Language

From: "Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:29:07 +0100

> Or the example I raised in the past:
> How do you represent the fact that the Ford Company (an Individual)
> manufactures Mustangs (a Class)?
> Hans

Well, again, just what do you mean here?  Does Ford manufacture the class of
Mustangs?  Does Ford manufacture some Mustangs?  Does Ford manufacture all
Mustangs?  Does Ford necessarily manufacture all Mustangs?

What you probably want to say is something like

Class(Manufacturer partial)
Individual(Ford type(Manufacturer))

ObjectProperty(manufactured-by Functional)

Class(Car partial)

Class(Mustang partial Car restriction(manufactured-by someValuesFrom(Ford)))

Peter F. Patel-Schneider