Re: How much should RDF represent data ?

Andrea Splendiani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to hear some comment on the following issue:
> Where is the limit between information and meta-information in RDF ?
>
> RDF can be used  to describe "resources" and meta-information relating
> them, but at the same time it can be used to "encapsulate" all
> infromation and not only meta-information (sorry for my wording, I hope
> this is understeandable enough).
>
> Which do you think it's the most appropriate use ?

I may not be understanding your question properly, but RDF makes no real
distinction between "information" and "meta-information".  As you've
noted, RDF allows the description of resources (named by URIs).  That's
it.  RDF per se doesn't care what those resources "are", i.e., whether
they're data, metadata, real things, imaginary things, etc.  If you want
to make such distinctions for your own purposes, you can use (or make
up) an RDF vocabulary that reflects the distinctions you think are
important, using specialized classes and predicates (as RDF Schema and
OWL, for example, do).

--Frank