Re: xlst and rdf/owl

On 6/1/06, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> > Right now I'm doing it with the expat lib. I parse the document and
> > forward a big term to Prolog, which will generate the desired .pl.
> > However, it seems that if I could do this with xslt, my life would be
> > easier :)
>
> OK, look around for one of the XSLT parsers that generates 'n-triples'
> or N3 format. These are prolog-like. It can be done...

Here's one:
http://www.semanticplanet.com/library/Main/RdfToTriplesStylesheet

Another approach that might be worth investigating is to load the
RDF/XML into one of the many RDF APIs, run a SPARQL SELECT query
against it, then apply XSLT to the results. Though there's an obvious
increase in the system complexity, it might well make managing the
stuff easier - the query could translate the RDF into a structure
broadly like Prolog, then the XSLT finish up the syntax details.

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/

Note too that there are RDF/XML tools available for Prolog, probably a
parser available. Funnily enough a quick google yielded this old
xml.com article from Bijan Parsia, in which he compares DCGs to XSLT
in ther context of RDF with Prolog:

http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2001/07/25/prologrdf.html

Cheers,
Danny.