RE: Semantic content negotiation (was Re: expectations of vocabulary)

Hi Henry,

> I spend a lot of time introducing the Semantic Web to beginners. The
> best way to learn is to teach :-)

Ah, but my point is that just as the average person doesn't have to
understand the heuristics behind how Google returns results, the average
joe clinician or researcher also doesn't care about the heuristics
behind the semantic web.

they either have a patient who they might be curious if the symptoms
indicate early onset of Alzheimer or a gene expression experiment on a
promising compound and liver cancer and are curious if other experiments
had the same set of genes upregulated.

I would like to see that a good number of use cases all begin and end
with this average joe clinician or researcher.

they are unlikely to care about http headers, rdf graphs and
particularly about triples, tho all of those are going to be involved in
getting the results.

cheers,
Michael

(but the blog is interesting!)