Re: Semantic Web Application

Chuming Chen wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have questions about Semantic Web Application.
>
> Can anybody tell me what is exactly a Semantic Web Application?
>
> Why is the Semantic Web Application different from the traditional Web
> Application?
>
> What kinds of core functionalities should a Semantic Web Application
> provide?
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> Chuming Chen

My definition is like this.  A Semantic Web application is an
application using semantic and distributed technology.  It includes
resource description (RDF), ontology (OWL), rules, logical reasoning,
global resource identification(URI), etc.

I have developed an application called "Semantic Data Web".  It make
data systems available through web services (Web).  It can allow a data
user to query any data system using the same query regardless of its
native data model.  For example, if a query for son, while the data
stored in the model of child and gender, it can still obtain the correct
result.

William Wu
Semansoft Corporation