Re: datatype:monetary

Jeremy--

The problem may be that you tried looking for a "datatype".  If you
google "currency ontology", you'll find lots of references (not just to
currencies, but also related issues like representing prices and other
monetary amounts).  In particular, the message (and associated
references) at
http://lists.mindswap.org/pipermail/owl-s/2005-September/000492.html may
be helpful (I like the idea of a monetary amount being an
ontology-defined object with separate amount and currency properties;
it makes it easier to use a currency ontology in defining conversions,
without having to parse the datatype and its values;  but YMMV).

I'm not sure how "well-known" any of this is though.

--Frank