Re: rdf crystalization

On 28 Aug 2006, at 16:36, Jan Algermissen wrote:
> On Monday, August 28, 2006, at 04:26PM, Henry Story
> <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>

>> As it is often useful to have terms to speak about things, I invented
>> "rdf crystalization" to describe what RSS1.1 does
>> when it combines a relax-ng with an ontology to create structured
>> rdf/
>> xml .
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/date/20060828
>>
>> RDF is fluid data, but it helps to crystalize it for angle bracket
>> lovers.
>>
>> After writing this I thought perhaps I should check if there is
>> already a term for that :-)
>

> Hmm.. I guess that is 'serialization', eh?

No no. You can serialize an rdf graph into any number of different
xml/rdf documents. When you crystalize it, you force a particular
structure on the rdf serialization. So for example in the RSS 1.1
case you force the document to start with the <Channel> element,
elements. You do this using a Relax-NG schema.

see the RSS1.1 spec for a good example of this:
http://inamidst.com/rss1.1/

Henry