Re: In defence of 404 ...

Le mardi 08 août 2006 à 15:55 -0500, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 22:37 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> > > That's not what "equally normative" means to me; "equally normative"
> > > implies consistent, no?
> >
> > We might have two different issues.
> >
> > Short term, yes DOC1 and DOC2 will give complementary and consistant
> > descriptions of the same set of entities.
>
> Ah... good.
>
> > Longer term, if we want to publish several versions of these data we
> > will have to figure out how we would like to express all that.
>
> Yes, that's an interesting puzzle.

Yes. I haven't had the opportunity to think about it in RDF world, but I
have had to cope with this type of history issues in a prior life and
they become rapidly very complex.

> >  Including
> > rdfs:seeAlso references to different versions of the same data could
> > lead to include inconsistent descriptions and I think that this is what
> > Bernard means.
>
> In that case, I hope we can use something more refined than seeAlso
> to say "well, here's the newer version, i.e. the version I'm most
> actively supporting today, though I still stand by this old version.
> I don't promise you can use them together at the same time to
> get something sensible." and maybe the tabulator can be taught
> to discriminate.

Yes, something similar to what OWL uses for its own purpose
(owl:priorVersion) would be nice. It would also be interesting to attach
a date to a data set.

This seems to be a rather generic issue. Are you aware of anything that
we could borrow for this kind of issues?

Thanks,

Eric

--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Le premier annuaire des apiculteurs 100% XML!