Re: Is there real world RDF-S/OWL instance data?

Danny Ayers wrote:
> There is a route to adoption through refactoring the initial question
> - instead of "Is there real world RDF-S/OWL instance data?" try "Is
> there real world data...how can it be addressed as RDF/OWL?

As it happens, the U.S. government is a great source of real world data
just waiting to be turned into RDF.  I've written a little bit about
that on xml.com.  A great project for someone would be to turn the
entire 2000 census into RDF.  It's several gigabytes of text data files
that should yield somewhere around 100 million - 1 billion triples of
*actually useful* information.

To name a second example, there's also the TIGER/Line data, which
describes every road in the U.S (among other things).  I've seen an RDF
version of this in the past, but it would be great to see the current
TIGER/Line data behind a SPARQL endpoint.  This again should yield on
the order of billions of triples.

So that's in case anyone has some spare mental cycles to put into
developing real-world instance data.

--
- Joshua Tauberer

http://razor.occams.info

"Unfortunately, we're having this discussion. It's too bad,
because guess who listens to the discussion: the enemy."