Re: question on domain

On 4/21/06, Johnson, Matthew C. (LNG-ALB)
<Matthew.C.Johnson@lexisnexis.com> wrote:

> Does this mentality really mean that validation, in the sense of "a
> person MUST have a name", is too restrictive and that, if necessary, it
> should be done within the application?

For RDF/RDFS/OWL, yes, but a rules system may cover this kind of
situation. This does seem to be a recurring issue (it's on one of my
plates right now), fortunately it's already had some attention -

Eyeball can check RDF models for "common problems" (I think "MUST have
a name" could be done if there was owl:cardinality 1 on name) :
http://jena.sourceforge.net/Eyeball/full.html

Schemarama2, rules based system:
http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/schemarama/how.html

Cheers,