Re: Inheritance and RIF

Hans--

I'd meant to ask this before:  what exactly do you mean by
"inheritance"?  As Peter noted in his reply, what OWL supports is the
subclass relationship, so that if X is defined as a subclass of Y, x's
are defined to be y's, and certain inferences about the x's can be made
as a result. If you mean the object-oriented programming "inheritance"
(implementation-reuse, sometimes with overriding), OWL doesn't support that.

--Frank