Re: Introducing Embedded RDF

From: Darren Chamberlain <dlc@sevenroot.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:25:56 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3c.org

* Ian Davis <iand at internetalchemy.org> [2005/10/19 09:29]:
> I've been working on an enhanced way to embed RDF into XHTML that
> doesn't require any new markup.

This looks very interesting, and is something I'm going to be taking a
good long look at.  I have a question, though it's about one of the
examples on <http://research.talis.com/2005/erdf/wiki/Main/RdfInHtml>.
The HTML:

  <a rel="foaf.homepage" href="http://example.org/home" title="about me">my home page</a>

becomes, in RDF:

  <> foaf:homepage <http://example.org/home> .
  <http://example.org/home> rdfs:label "about me" .

The first triple implies that this describes the foaf:homepage of the
current resource, not the resource's author.  Would adding a rev="..."
resolve that ambiguity, in this case at least?  I.e., to continue with
the examples, would:

  <a rev="#ian" rel="foaf.homepage" href="http://example.org/home" title="about me">my home page</a>

Become

  <#ian> foaf:homepage <http://example.org/home> .
  <http://example.org/home> rdfs:label "about me" .

?

(darren)

--
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    -- James Taylor