RE: Sorry for misunderstanding my problem

Dear Gong:

Object Properties in OWL Lite and DL can, to my knowledge, only be used
between instances, not between classes. This is why you usually do not find
them as a means to express relationships between classes (since most
ontology creators do not want their ontology to become OWL Full, for lack of
reasoner support). Only Annotation Properties in OWL are not limited in this
way, but they have no formal semantics.

You can find a bit more background information in [1].

So the lack of such relationships is mainly caused by characteristics of OWL
as an ontology language. Other ontology languages, like WSML, do not have
this limitation.

Martin

[1] M. Hepp: "Representing the Hierarchy of Industrial Taxonomies in OWL:
The gen/tax Approach",
Proceedings of the ISWC Workshop Semantic Web Case Studies and Best
Practices for eBusiness (SWCASE05), November 7, Galway, Irland
(forthcoming).
Available at
http://www.heppnetz.de/files/SWCASE05-gentax-short-camera-ready-new.pdf

martin.hepp@deri.org, phone: +43 512 507 6465