Re: New Intro to RDF

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:45:15 +0200, Joshua Tauberer <tauberer@for.net>
wrote:

> (tag: and urn: URIs fail to impress me as being useful until there is an
> HTTP service that can resolve them
>  The whole point of tag: and urn: is to have a system of creating
> identifiers for things that have no representation on the web.

Right, but they fail even in that to the extent that to find out what they
represent in general people look at the web. And the pattern of using
things that are based in HTTP URIs works - things like FOAF and Dublin
Core are often used to refer to things that don't exist on the web, using
only http URIs and intelligent techniques of identification.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      chaals@opera.com