RE: New Intro to RDF

Hi Joshua:

Looks to be an excelent introduction to RDF. I will look forward to reading
it. One thing you may want to change, though, throughout is your use of
'urn:' URIs. The '/' character is specifically reserved in 'urn:' syntax -
see extract below from RFC 2141. That is, '/' in URI syntax is a hierarchy
delimiter and hierarchy is not expressed as such in 'urn:' URIs. Also the
construct 'urn://global/name/own' would make 'global' a network authority.
'urn:' does not express network authorities, but rather URN namespaces, e.g.

	urn:isbn:0671534645

Cheers,

Tony

###

2.3 Reserved characters

   The remaining character set left to be discussed above is the
   reserved character set, which contains various characters reserved
   from normal use.  The reserved character set follows, with a
   discussion on the specifics of why each character is reserved.

   The reserved character set is:

   <reserved>    ::= '%" | "/" | "?" | "#"

###

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept
liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents.
Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or
its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan
Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan
Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998
Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS